Friday, June 8, 2012

Choices and Chances

I have always wondered about choices and chances. Opinions vary about whether life is a choice or a chance. I have had many people argue vehemently that life is a choice. Your choices and your options decide where you are today and where you will be tomorrow. Most of the times, I have to agree with this opinion. We have, after all, always had choices, good or bad, wrong or right. We have made the choices and we are living its consequences. Good or bad, right or wrong.

However, there are certain times, when I am forced to have an internal debate about chance. And destiny. There have been a couple of times when I have had no choice. Things have just happened. Out of chance. With absolutely no input from my side whatsoever. Even when I look back, and try to find a logic behind the occurrence, it doesn't exist. It was just chance. Pure chance. And nothing else!

Interestingly or should I say luckily, both my chances and my choices have been always for the better, even though not immediately obvious. I would risk it further and say my chances have always been better than my choices. In every way. Always.

So today, I will keep my practical mind aside, and send a small prayer for my life to continue having these rare but life changing destinies and chances :)

Gargi

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Only good things can happen to good people. No wonder your chances have been awesome.